This week, let’s talk about a sensitive and very private subject – vaginal dryness. You may think that vaginal dryness happens only in women who are going through (or finished with) menopause, but it frequently occurs in women of childbearing age, too.
Vaginal dryness can make everyday activities uncomfortable and even painful. When your private parts are too dry, intercourse is painful and standing, sitting and walking become very uncomfortable. The trend of tight and skinny jeans simply makes issue this worse.
What Causes Vaginal Dryness?
There are quite a number of reasons for vaginal dryness, but I’m concentrating on the most common ones. WebMD.com states the following reasons as most common for vaginal dryness:
- Hormonal changes – usually associated with menopause, but also occurs during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Medications – Anytime you take a synthetic medication, you’re going to have side effects. Period. Everything from cold and allergy medications and birth control to calcium channel blockers (used for high blood pressure and migraines among other things) and sedatives.
- Douching – this is a huge cause.
- Chemotherapy and Radiation – ’nuff said here.
- Immune disorders such as Hashimoto’s and Graves disease – both having to do with your thyroid (and of course your hormones).
- Having your ovaries removed – this means you’re not producing enough estrogen and estrogen is what keeps your vagina moist and lubricated.
- Perfumed soaps, body washes and body lotions.
How Can Aromatherapy Help With Vaginal Dryness?
Essential oils are ideal for nourishing your tender skin – especially “down there”.
Frankincense (Boswellia carterii), Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) and Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum) are all excellent choices as they nourish your skin and are anti-inflammatories and anti-bacterials. Used with a soothing carrier oil such as Evening Primrose or Calendula oil, your skin will absorb the moisture and you’ll feel much better!
To use, simply take a bit of VagiMagic about the size of a nickel and gently apply inside and outside of your vagina three times daily for relief. You’ll find that VagiMagic revitalizes dry, irritated tissue as well as moisturizing and soothing the folds of your skin.
VagiMagic works as a lubricant during sex – although if you use condoms as birth control, the oils could damage the condom.
If you can’t (or don’t want to) use hormone replacement therapy, VagiMagic Intimate Dryness Moisturizer is a wonderful alternative for this issue.
If you’re going through menopause, two other products that work well with VagiMagic are MenoPause Aromatherapy Roller Ball to assist with the up and down emotions along with Flares N Flashes Hot Flash Spray – these three products will help you go through menopause much more gracefully.
Dry skin can be dangerous – no matter where it is on your body. Aromatherapy helps you take care of your skin and keep it healthy, especially “down there”!
For more information, please fill out this short contact form and let’s talk – today!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.