Where did this year go? We turned the calendar to the new year just last week – right? It seems like it and yet, Thanksgiving is next week and then – OMG – it’s Christmas and 2019! Aromatherapy shines during stressful times and I’d like to show you how to use essential oils for stress during the upcoming holidays.
There’s just something about all the hubbub of the holidays that brings on colds, headaches, sore muscles, the crankies and even flareups of eczema and psoriasis! We tend to eat differently, sleep less, drink less water, drink more alcohol and because of that, our stress levels soar. Throw in extra company, gift shopping and house cleaning and it gets ridiculous!
This year, let’s use aromatherapy to do the holidays differently!
Using Aromatherapy for Stress
As always, self care is a huge part of managing stress levels. I’d like to help make your self care a bit simpler with a few basic aromatherapy blends.
- Blend #1 – Lavender, Frankincense and Sweet Orange: Simply combine two drops of each oil into your cold mist diffuser and let it run for a couple of hours. It’s safe to use around kids and dogs. The Lavender is very calming, the Frankincense invites peace and calm and the Sweet Orange is bright and sparkly. You can also add the same amount of drops into one-half cup of Epsom Salts and use in a hot bath to relax your muscles.
- Blend #2 – Bergamot, Sweet Orange and Lavender: Bergamot is helpful to manage situational anxiety and is restoring and relaxing, the Lavender is calming and Sweet Orange brings positivity any time you feel negative. Add two drops of each oil into your cold mist diffuser and let it run for a couple of hours. Safe for kids 2+.
- Blend #3 – Peaceful Ease Aromatherapy Rollerball: This is an amazing blend to help you with mild depression and anxiety. It’s ready to use on your skin so you simply roll it over your heart area 3 or 4 times daily. Not for use on kids under 10.
- Blend #4 – Add three drops each of Lavender and Lemon to either your cold mist diffuser or to one-half cup of Epsom Salts for a hot bath. The Lemon helps to dispel negative energy and, along with Lavender, acts as a disinfectant when diffused. Safe for kids 2+.
- Blend #5 – Patchouli, Geranium and Lavender: Add 2 drops of each oil into your cold mist diffuser or add to one-half cup of Epsom Salts in your hot bath. Geranium is wonderful to dispel nervous tension and Patchouli is cooling and helps with thought clarity.
These are basic oils that you can get either online or at Whole Foods or a health food store. I prefer using Eden’s Garden or Aromatics International which are both small, women-owned companies. But I understand if you’re at the exploding point, you need someplace local to get some good oils!
Managing Your Stress During The Holidays
I know you’ve heard it all before – the holidays can wear you slap out so don’t overspend, set good boundaries (that means saying NO to yet another holiday party), sleep/sleep/sleep (lack of sleep makes you cranky) and drink one extra glass of water every single day. If you’re like me and you get a bit weary of drinking nothing but water, pick up a box of the herbal teas – they count as water – and warm up your bones while you’re taking good care of yourself.
If you want to order an exclusive Scented Balance blend for stress, anxiety or depression, I do my very best to get online orders out on the same/next day if you’ve ordered by 1 PM. If you live in North Carolina, you should get it by the next day.
If you’ve signed up to receive my weekly email, then I’ll keep you posted where my events are and you can get your favorite aromatherapy product there! And don’t forget about my studio – you can pick up your order at my studio – just let me know when you plan to be there.
Remember – aromatherapy products make awesome gifts at the holidays especially for your favorite host/hostess!
Here’s to peaceful and uneventful holidays that are full of family, fun and sweet memories!