Hopefully by now, you know I’m serious about using aromatherapy for health and overall well-being.
Health care costs have spiraled out of control with no end in sight. Sometimes, I simply don’t have the cash flow to support an expensive doctor’s visit and the ridiculous prescriptions that they try to make you take. Yes, I know – we NEED our doctors and our broken health care system. You’re preaching to the choir here.
But you know your body the best and you’re smart enough to handle most everyday health concerns before they spiral out of control.
As am I.
So I thought I’d share how and why I’m using aromatherapy to take care of the little annoying health concerns before they get out of hand.
How I’m Using The Products I Create at Scented Balance
No matter what, you have to do what’s right for you! If you think your doctor knows your body better than you, by all means, you need to visit your doctor. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the best experience with the medical community and I’m still skeptical.
Do I visit my doctor? Absolutely!
Do I listen to what she recommends? Absolutely!
On the other hand, I’ve been through the wringer with doctors not listening to me and I’ve learned to pay attention and take care of my health in a way that’s right for me. Again – you do you, boo!
So, here’s some of the Scented Balance products that I use every day to keep my health in tip top shape:
- Tummy Tamer – I tend to have digestive issues such as acid reflux and diverticulosis and I’ve found Tummy Tamer to be invaluable. I apply it to my entire digestive area to help calm the painful cramps and burning. Many of the pure essential oils in it are known to be smooth muscle relaxants (1) which helps to balance out your digestive system.
- Flares n’ Flashes – I had to wean off of the bio-identical hormone replacement therapy due to my age (ya can’t take that stuff forever!). And that meant I would experience hot flashes and night sweats. Well, I did and chose to put my money where my mouth is – in the power of aromatherapy. Once I figured out what was happening, I began to spray Flares n’ Flashes on my chest and throat first thing in the morning and at bedtime. It made a huge difference for me. (2)
- Anxiety Ease – One of my case studies in aromatherapy school had to do with severe anxiety and panic attacks and that’s how Anxiety Ease came to be. Let’s just say over the last couple of years, I’ve experienced increased anxiety myself and began to use Anxiety Ease every day on my wrists. Not only do I love how it smells but I notice a difference in my anxiety level right away. I usually apply it on my inner arm a couple of times a day. (3)
- PsoMaxx Balm – Y’all know I’m not a fan of winter for many reasons, the least of which is ridiculously dry skin. My skin is flaking off for god’s sake! The itching and prickly skin drives me up a wall. PsoMaxx is meant for eczema and psoriasis symptoms but it also works amazing for ultra dry skin. And dry skin picks up and hangs on to germs much more so than moisturized skin and right now, that’s not a good thing!
All of this sounds like I’m a hot mess – I sorta am and I’m sorta not – but I want you to know that we all go through times where life comes at us faster than a freight train and you don’t always need to wait for a doctor’s appointment to get some help. Aromatherapy as natural medicine has been around for thousands of years and I’ve geared my practice toward helping during the tough times.
I can’t (and won’t) diagnose or prescribe, I can simply tell you what I offer to help you. Remember, I offer custom blending for your particular needs.
I mentioned to a friend the other day that I want people to know I use my own products. She laughed out loud and told me anyone within six feet of me knows I use my own aromatherapy products!
What can I help you with today? What concern do you have that aromatherapy can help? Reach out through this simple contact form and let’s talk today!
Many blessings to you and thank you for stopping by!
(1) Effects of Essential Oils of Elettaria cardamomum Grown in India and Guatemala on Gram-Negative Bacteria and Gastrointestinal Disorders Molecules. 2021 May; 26(9): 2546. Published online 2021 Apr 27. doi: 10.3390/molecules26092546 PMCID: PMC8123808 PMID: 33925478
(2) Vitexagnus-castus essential oil and menopausal balance: a self-care survey PMID: 12353616 DOI: 10.1054/ctnm.2002.0634
(3) Lavender and the Nervous System Peir Hossein Koulivand, Maryam Khaleghi Ghadiri, 2 and Ali Gorji Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013; 2013: 681304. Published online 2013 Mar 14. doi: 10.1155/2013/681304 PMCID: PMC3612440 PMID: 23573142