We’re all looking for ways to get rid of bacteria, fungus and viruses. Yechh…the truth about the commercial cleaners is that they’re FULL of toxic chemicals. Today, I’m giving you a recipe for a DIY non-toxic disinfectant cleaner that’s backed by science.
Why Use A Non-Toxic Disinfectant?
Look, the world is full of toxic chemicals. Nasty, harmful chemicals that disrupt your endocrine system (AKA your thyroid), damage your liver and kidneys and wreak havoc on your immune system.
Why is it that we’ve gotten so far away from the goodness of nature?
All you have to do is look to television commercials.
These corporate rats have convinced America that toxic chemicals (which are cheap and dangerous) are the next best thing to sliced bread.
What did your great grandmother use to clean her house? The goodness of nature.
Nature doesn’t harm you. Nature boosts your immune system, cleans your home, calms your anxiety and protects your health.
So here’s the blend I make to clean my aromatherapy shop (and my personal space) and we’re using it throughout Ramey Dawn Wellness Spa to ensure you don’t encounter any nasty germs.
10 Ounce Bottle with Trigger Spray
- 6 ounces White Vinegar
- 4 Ounces Distilled Water
- 10 drops Tea Tree
- 10 drops Thyme
- 10 drops Oregano
- 10 drops Clove Bud
- 10 drops Peppermint
- 10 drops Lemon
- 10 drops Pine
- 10 drops Eucalyptus
Combine all ingredients into bottle, shake well before each use. Suitable for most surfaces, but do NOT use on granite or marble. And cats cannot metabolize any essential oil, so please don’t spray it where they can absorb it.
Why Does this Non-Toxic Disinfectant Work?
Here’s why this Non-Toxic Disinfectant Spray works so well:
- Tea Tree is a powerful anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent.
- Thyme helps to eliminate bacteria and is an immune system booster.
- Oregano is packed with potent antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiviral, and analgesic properties, and is great for using to treat a myriad of infections, both inside and outside of the body.
- Clove Bud is a powerhouse against bacteria, fungus and viruses.
- Peppermint is an amazing anti-viral agent and even helps fight the herpes virus.
- Lemon is a wonderful disinfectant and immune system booster.
- Pine – your great grandmother use this to clean her house. Nuff said here.
- Eucalyptus purifies and helps to minimize the spread of germs.
I’ve listed the physical qualities of each oil and there’s even more goodness – the energetic qualities can help clear your mind, soothe your savage inner beast, lift your spirits, sharpen your mind and boost your immune system – all while you clean your house.
So, tell me why do you need all these toxic chemicals when nature provides so much goodness?
Look at the science behind pure essential oils – nature has wisdom that we can all learn from!
If you don’t have all these oils or don’t want to make it yourself, I’ll have it in the Scented Balance Aromatherapy shop in Kernersville, NC for $17.99.
With all the coronavirus stuff going on as I write this post, let’s get back to nature to protect and enhance our health.
I wish you enhanced and strong health – many blessings!