Yuck – another pollen season and another sinus infection. Aromatherapy can help!
Sinus infections are so miserable, but there is help with aromatherapy to promote proper nasal health. The best thing about pure essential oils is that they’re easy to use.
The good news is that they don’t harm the good bacteria that you need like antibiotics do.
What Is A Sinus Infection?
If you’ve ever had a sinus infection, you know exactly what they’re like. But some of us don’t really know – I’ve actually never had a sinus infection until now.
When you have a sinus infection, one or more of your sinuses becomes inflamed and fluid builds up, causing congestion and runny nose. Gawd, I didn’t know that much snot could fit into one head!
Some symptoms of a sinus infection are:
- Runny/stuffy nose
- Facial pain or pressure
- Sore (raw) throat
- Bad breath
How To Feel Better
Before you run to the doctor looking for an antibiotic, think twice. Antibiotics don’t necessarily help a sinus infection and they can actually do more harm than good if you don’t need them. They can cause rashes as well as antibiotic-resistant infections and they also kill everything in their path which is harmful and disruptive to your gut.
Here’s how you can feel better without using drugs:
- Use a warm compress across your face to relieve some of the pressure.
- Congesties Shower Steamers help open your sinuses, relieve the pressure and also promote nasal health.
- SinusRight Personal Nasal Inhaler is a quick way to help clear out your sinuses with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial essential oils.
- Sinus Right Diffuser Blend is an added bonus to the Congesties and SinusRight Nasal Inhaler as it adds another layer of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory action.
- ChestEZ Vapor Rub is good for breaking up the “stuck snot” that just won’t go anywhere. I applied it right across my sinuses and forehead. Plus, I put a dab around my raw nostrils to soothe my poor nose!!
No matter what anyone else says, if I take an O-T-C medication, I feel spacey and lightheaded and so I don’t use them. I’m sure there’s any number of folks that will tell you I’m a bit spacey on a regular day much less with medication swimming in my system! :->
There’s a better way with aromatherapy to care for your sinuses without the nasty side effects. Want more information? Reach out to me through this contact form and let’s talk!